The Hama-rikyu Garden is a public park in Chūō, Tokyo, located at the mouth of the Sumida River. It was opened April 1, 1946.
This garden has a large seawater pond called shioiri-no-ike. In the background are the tall buildings (including the Conrad Hotel) of the Shiodome area.
The garden used to be a falconry ground of the Shogun family until the middle of the 17th century, but later became a social and recreational place.
The Otsutaibasi bridge was built in 1707 leading to the Nakajima-no-Ochaya.
The Nakajima-no-Ochaya (tea house) is set in the middle of the pond and has been rebuilt several times since 1724.
There are several wooden bridges in the garden …
… as well as several signs to help visitors access each area of this beautiful garden.
According to the sign, this is named the 300 year old pine because it was planted in 1709.