I Love the Sony Playstation 3 (PS3)
Recently, we bought a new Sony Playstation 3 at a local Yodobashi store in Tokyo. I believe the white console is not available in North America so I have posted a picture below.
My Japanese is not so good (ok, I’ll be honest – it is terrible or non-existent), so you can set the system language to English – cool. Plus, I was able to find an online (PDF) version of the instruction manual in English.
So far, I have been very impressed with this system, as it has some very useful features such as:
- Playing games (we have Call of Duty 4 so far, want to buy Gran Turismo 5 when it comes out) – No region codes
- Watching high definition Blu-ray movies (HD is dead) – North America and Japan are on the same region (not true for DVDs)
- Use as a media center to watch videos, view pictures and listen to music – digital widescreen pictures look awesome shown in a HD-TV, streamed from the PC (using SimpleCenter as the media server)
- Access to Internet (have it connected through my secure Linksys wireless router), there is a built-in web browser (I could use a Bluetooth keyboard to make it easier – on my shopping list)
- Automatic system (and game) updates – so user friendly. Latest system update download to support online access from Blu-ray disks – can’t wait to test this out